[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL (conclusion)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:34:19 PDT 2017

On 7/20/2017 2:23 PM, John Carlson wrote:
>  1. The org.web3d.x3d.sai package in X3DJSAIL is the Java SAI (plus a few methods).  Documented here: http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/sai/package-summary.html

correct

>  2. We will not be removing setUSE from X3DJSAIL.

well um, don't expect to.  haven't seen or heard an alternative approach that supports equivalent serialization across all language bindings and file encodings.

>  X3DJSAIL is a builds a model, scene or subscene, not a scenegraph. If you need a scenegraph, use an X3D browser.
>
> Comments?

maybe better is to replace "scenegraph" with "render" such as

	X3DJSAIL programs can build X3D models (scene or subscene) models.
	If you need to render the interactive X3D model, use an X3D player.