[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:50:45 PDT 2017

Don wrote:
>Interesting to think that any program could produce .x3d .x3dv .wrl .json .java and maybe someday .js .c++ .python etc.  Perhaps new worlds of interoperability are emerging, all sharing interactive X3D scenes as presentation layer to users.

We already have .json -> DOM -> .js .py and maybe you don’t realize it in my work yet. .py doesn’t run right now, but I think we are close, since it used to work.

Don, if *we* do a little research on how to integrate a Nashorn program into Java, perhaps we could bring my JavaScript https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/JavaScriptSerializer.js  and Python https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/PythonSerializer.js  serializers into X3DJSAIL proper.  That is, if you’re open to the idea, and are not restricted to doing the stylesheet thing all the time.   The goal would be to go from X3DJSAIL app -> Java XML -> XML or DOM -> JavaScript DOM -> .js .py.  Then slowly replace them with stylesheets as you and others find the time.

Then I could work with Roy on a DOM -> .cpp serializer in JavaScript as well.

Alternatively, you could get on the stick and integrate X3dToJava.xslt with the now old X3dToES5.xslt so we start writing a new language independent stylesheet that we can target at Java, JavaScript, ECMAScript, Python, C++, C#, … with a parameter.

My Action Needed has fallen by the wayside I see.  That’s OK.