[x3d-public] agreement on number of \\\\\\\\ in Java???? X3DJSAIL.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 21:11:04 PDT 2017

Don, can we get some agreement on the number of \\\\\ in Java or provide alternate paths? Please test this Java on your system (I have a different X3DJSAIL version), and let me know if the JSON output is right or not (matches text.json). I provide input XML, input JSON, Java and output JSON. Also compare intermediate XML to input XML.

My JSON output is in text.new.json, and as you can see, it is not right.

Also note that “\\\\\\” got replaced with “ \\\” (leading space before \)

If I need to update my X3DJSAIL, let me know.  Thanks!

Also see if my translation from JSON to Java is correct. Thanks!

Right now my DOM dump looks bad, but I will test in the GUI eventually.

I think you’re going to tell me my Java is bad, then we can discuss.

In general, my JSON looks like my Java, so:
maps to:
return new MFStringObject(new java.lang.String[] {"Node2","\\","\\\\","\\\\\\","Node2"});

If this is not totally reasonable, and acceptable to SAI, let me know.