[x3d-public] Action Needed: Need for acceptableStatements (or types) for children fields in X3DObject Model

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jul 29 17:20:16 PDT 2017

On 7/29/2017 4:58 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Thank you for your analysis Don.   I did add X3DChildNode as a parent of all statements, but apparently this was incorrect, so I removed it?  Please let me know.   If X3DChildNode is not the parent of all statements, there needs to a distinguishing in the object model.
Some statements are document related and do not appear within the 3d model itself:  X3D head component meta unit Scene.

ProtoInstance might not be in the "-children" field since it can have a variety of node types.

These and other idiosyncrasies should be covered in the existing XML schema/DTD, JSON schema and X3DJSAIL design.