[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL: Please do not use the variable "function" (string is ok) in MultiTextureObject.java. It's incompatible with J2TS/TypeScript

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 05:17:00 PDT 2017

egrep -w 'with|in|var|debugger|yield|function|constructor|let|export|typeof' src/main/java/org/web3d/x3d/jsail/Texturing/MultiTextureObject.java |grep -v '[ \t]*\*'

[ results removed ]

I can’t convert this file to TypeScript with J2TS with a variable named “function”.  The above words are reserved in TypeScript.

I will contact the J2TS folks, but they may not want to change their code.

Everything else appears fine, except for a cryptic error message:

DIAMOND LOCALVAR> PsiType:ArrayList<String>

At the end of output.  I am not sure what that is.

The string “function” is fine.  Transpiles fine that way.