[x3d-public] X3D JSON schema, URL loading, JSON Parse error filenames

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 9 22:05:22 PST 2017

On 3/9/2017 9:28 PM, yottzumm at gmail.com wrote:
> These 304 attached JSON filenames from my examples and the X3D resources examples did not get converted to Java, for various reasons (mostly schema and file system/url issues).  See previous email.  This is a shorter version for the main list.

Can you filter these to not list those with <meta name="error"/> which flags known test scenes that are expected to fail?

A number of the Geospatial scenes (Squaw, Savage/Locations etc.) used schema v3.1 which had a different content model for GeoViewpoint than later.  We should upgrade them.

The HAnim scenes for hands and feet are X3D v4 test scenes.

That might cut it in half.  Probably the remainder have content errors that need fixing.

> What we might do is take these and use them to modify the 3.3 schema for the other versions.

We might find another XML schema improvement somewhere, but I suspect that most or all of these are content errors (unintentional as-yet-unfixed or else intentional for testing).

> Why is the new JSON schema so much shorter?

Not aware of any change in that department...