[x3d-public] I don't like the new X3dToJson.xslt stylesheet escaping

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Mar 22 07:43:33 PDT 2017

John, let's get comfortable escaping and MFString before any further big code changes.

First, your example .x3d

	<Text string='"Node\"\"\""'>

is proper X3D because it is strictly including a double-quoted SFString inside the MFString attribute value, and each displayable quote is escaped with a backslash.

A browser would be expected to render

	Node"""

I think that your .json appears OK too.

where, according to JSON syntax, each backslash is escaped with a backslash and each displayable quote is escaped with a backslash.

Similar effort needed with & characters, I can check your other example tonight.