[x3d-public] MakeHuman > path to x3d hanim?

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 25 07:45:17 PDT 2017

Q. is there a toolchain to get makehuman with rigging into x3d/hanim?
-Doug
more..

http://www.makehuman.org/index.php
I had fun with makehuman for an unrelated project,
https://sites.google.com/site/commutar/
but haven't tried to export it as hanim from blender.
One idea is to make an x3d/hanim exporter for makehuman, much like their .mhx2 plugin for blender works.
Q. is there already a toolchain to get makehuman into x3d/hanim?

more..

http://www.makehuman.org/download.php
1) blender side
- see Download BlenderTools
I found in Blender 2.78 I could install the mhx2 import plugin by
User Preferences > Add-ons > (lower menu bar) Install from File > (pick the .zip)
    blender_plugins_for_1.1.1.zip
Then checkmark the plugin that shows with (official + community) filters on left:
[*] MakeHuman: Import-Runtime: MakeHuman Exchange 2 (.mhx2)
Then on the File > Import list, MakeHuman mhx2 shows up

2) makehuman side
Unzipping the makehuman_plugins_for_1.1.1.zip in the makehuman /plugins/ folder
- then in makehuman on Exports the MakeHuman Exchange mhx2 shows as an option
- if I chose a Pose/Animate rig like default, then export mhx2, then import in blender,
    I get a human with what looks like appropriately placed rigging