[x3d-public] X3D V4 Draft Requirements Proposal -- Only Scripting

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 28 15:07:29 PDT 2017

>  The key is to look for solutions, not problems.

Right, and the sollution is to have a level of interaction with the
dom but also to not need to depend on dom for basic animations and
sensors. Your comment shows that more than just some htmlized and
domified syntax and scenegraph structures, and really, the signs that
there is no need to leave anything good behind. As for browser
built-in vs a scripting platform, I just hate to download the big
batch of .js that approaches the size of a plugin every time. Maybe a
web browser should be able to cache a 'standard' set of .js
capabiities. Right now, for webgl a giant problem is that shaders need
to be compiledevery time, thus sloiwng upthle loading. Same for
downloaded .js.

Thanks and Best,
Joe