[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL: Exceeding Java String limits on setValue? What do wedo?

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 19:52:06 PDT 2017

The arrays as floats also cause “code too large” issues.   The strings were a special case, because it was a value field (I guess I didn’t have the type?).   The best I have so far is adding 840 (the next step is 2520) element arrays one at a time to an MF object with append, but you can perhaps figure something else out (variable parameters).  I need MF append methods which return objects and not voids, though, and an append can’t take a single SF value.  That’s no good, because it will produce methods which are the same size or bigger than the original.

See previous example for set and append methods and divide-and-conquer (should we take a logarithmic approach or heuristic?).