[x3d-public] TextSpecialCharactersIndex.html bug

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon May 8 08:10:02 PDT 2017

Appreciate the continuing follow-through Andreas.

Beyond the fallibility of visual inspection and occasional ambiguity of email, found an additional approach to help us test.

Copying and pasting the rendered pretty-print source from a browser into a source file, then validating and browsing that scene, quickly brings subtle errors into the "light of day."

Then debugging the diverse escapability of .x3d/xml -> xslt/xpath -> html/css workflow can be readjusted even more objectively, hopefully "dialing in" the right answers.

Test-case examples, screen shots and round tripping all assist in reaching clarity.  Will pursue this worthwhile endeavor further when time again permits.

v/r Don