[x3d-public] Agenda for X3D WG Open Meeting Wednesday 10th May 2017

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Wed May 10 13:57:35 PDT 2017

Hi Yves,

An empty MFString array would have no values. Now that is an interesting one
we didn't discuss today!!!

According to the current standard it would be simply [''], i.e. two single
quotes or apostrophes. However, if we accept the changes discussed today,
one of which was that an MFString field with only one value could dispense
with the outer set of quotes and be encoded as an SFString, then that could
present a dilemma. It would mean that it could be interpreted as a single
value, which was the empty string, or an empty MFString array. These are not
the same things, and so this case would require specific wording in the
text, for clarity.

Thanks again, Yves,

Roy