[x3d-public] question on MFStrings in XML.

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Fri May 19 07:18:34 PDT 2017

On 5/18/2017 11:37 PM, John Carlson wrote:

> -                        <Text string='"Target Locked" "
> FIRE!..""(Green Button)"'/>
>
> +                        <Text string='"Target Locked" "
> FIRE!..\"\"(Green Button)"'/>

My point about the confusion and difficultly getting this right still
stands. In the proposed alternate encoding:

Note: Using 'SeeDATA' instead of 'CDATA' to avoid handling and
interpretation by mail applications.

<Text>
      <string>Target Locked</string>
     <string><![SeeDATA[ FIRE!..""(Green Button)]]></string>
</Text>

Also note that the first example is not legal X3D because of the two
double-quotes just prior to the opening parenthesis. It closes the prior
double-quote but there needs to be white space afterwards to start a new
element, not a double-quote.

Leonard Daly

> Are these equivalent or not?  Thanks!
>
> The first is from the Savage examples.