[x3d-public] Cobweb_dom...Script Magic? Loading DOM subscenes after parent inX3DOM and Cobweb.

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun May 21 04:18:12 PDT 2017

On May 20, 2017 11:47 PM, "Andreas Plesch" <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:

On May 20, 2017 8:46 PM, "John Carlson" <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to separate the main scene loading from the sub scene loading,
so I can load many, many subscenes, plus it will make coding easier.

I am almost able to do that, but I am not sure when the Scene object loads
in the main scene.

What wasn’t working before was that the child scene was added before it
displayed in Cobweb.  That has been fixed now.

It’s an Inline, but not in typical X3D parlance.  It’s a DOM object added
afterwards, by using a selector on the DOM.

I see. In terms of the X3D event model it would be then be safer to have a
global Group and add the late content as children to this Group. For cobweb
and cobweb_dom, however, this should not be necessary since cobweb treats
Scene as a grouping node already.

I can expand prototypes inline, as the example now shows.  That’s not a
problem, really.  I just want to make a way NOT to expand PROTOs for Cobweb.

A user option in the JSON loader/expander to not expand ?

Yes, I am loading X3DJSON into Cobweb AND X3DOM, using the same DOM tree
(probably not a good idea).

Probably not because X3DOM has quite a few non but almost standard nodes
(such as CommonSurfaceShader) which JSON should also support.

Yes, I am interested in your DOM event which is dispatched when a Scene is
fully loaded.  Could you go and check?  Thanks!

Will do.

https://github.com/andreasplesch/cobweb_dom/blob/
master/cobweb/cobweb_dom.js#L359

After an Inline is fully loaded and appended, a 'x3dload' event is
dispatched and can be listened to on the X3D element.

Cobweb (but not x3dom) fully supports the LoadSensor node, and cobweb_dom
relays the x3d load event as x3d_load dom node event as well.

The SAI may have something when the browser is done loading a scene,
perhaps a browser service.

Andreas

10