[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL: Interesting exception, but it could be myfault.Re:CommentsBlock.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue May 23 21:02:20 PDT 2017

cc: group due to potentially general interest

On 5/23/2017 8:37 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Just to let you know, I don’t test the output from your Java programs, since there is none!

not sure what you mean, actually seems like there is plenty.  console log from Tuesday night available at:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.log.java.txt

example excerpts:
================
X3D examples: Vrml2Sourcebook.processScenes.java:
Verifying Apache Ant XML Catalog resolver classpath: C:\apache-ant-1.10.1\lib/resolver.jar (84091 bytes)
C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook/Chapter02Introduction//Figure02_1Hut.java produced from Figure02_1Hut.x3d
Compiling 1 source file to C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook\classes
now run and validate the java model
java -classpath classes;../../../stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.classes.jar;C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\tools\jar/saxon9he.jar Vrml2Sourcebook.Chapter02Introduction.Figure02_1Hut
Figure02_1Hut execution self-validation test results: success
================
C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook/Chapter03Shapes//Figure03_01DefaultBox.java produced from Figure03_01DefaultBox.x3d
Compiling 1 source file to C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook\classes
now run and validate the java model
java -classpath classes;../../../stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.classes.jar;C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\tools\jar/saxon9he.jar Vrml2Sourcebook.Chapter03Shapes.Figure03_01DefaultBox
Figure03_01DefaultBox execution self-validation test results: success
================
C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook/Siggraph98Course//HeadsUpDisplayHUD.java produced from HeadsUpDisplayHUD.x3d
/** Large attribute array: Coordinate point field, scene-graph level=5, element #27, 36 total numbers made up of 12 3-tuple values */
[Large tuple found: Coordinate point, $tupleCount=12, $tupleSplitSize=10, string-length=167]
/** Large attribute array: IndexedFaceSet coordIndex field, scene-graph level=5, element #32, 9920 total numbers */
/** Large attribute array: Coordinate point field, scene-graph level=6, element #32, 6144 total numbers made up of 2048 3-tuple values */
[Large tuple found: Coordinate point, $tupleCount=2048, $tupleSplitSize=10, string-length=55971]
/** Large attribute array: IndexedFaceSet coordIndex field, scene-graph level=5, element #37, 9920 total numbers */
/** Large attribute array: Coordinate point field, scene-graph level=6, element #37, 6144 total numbers made up of 2048 3-tuple values */
[Large tuple found: Coordinate point, $tupleCount=2048, $tupleSplitSize=10, string-length=55945]
Compiling 1 source file to C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\Vrml2Sourcebook\classes
Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
now run and validate the java model
java -classpath classes;../../../stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.classes.jar;C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\tools\jar/saxon9he.jar Vrml2Sourcebook.Siggraph98Course.HeadsUpDisplayHUD
Error: Could not find or load main class Vrml2Sourcebook.Siggraph98Course.HeadsUpDisplayHUD
Java Result: 1
etc.

> That could be a problem.  That’s why I prefer to rely on my Java and my patches.  I can revisit the patches if you like.
>
> What I would suggest is provide an output folder as a parameter to the X3dToJava.xslt stylesheet.  If one isn’t provided, then do not generate any file output, or call any toFile*() method.
have kept it simple, validation output is returned as a string.  for the test block invoked by the main, it goes to the output console.

this is is up to the invoking build script or test method to push results into a folder.