[x3d-public] Announcing: Second release of X3DOM/JSON Loader With initial PROTO expander implementation.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue May 30 22:37:01 PDT 2017

I have added a new demo page with my PROTOs expanded with the JSON ProtoExpander in my X3DOM version.

https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/x3domproto.html

1) No Scripts yet.
2) ExternProtoDeclare is handled by the server, available at:
a. git clone https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD
b. cd X3DJSONLD then run npm install (you need node.js).  You may have to run the stuff in build.sh by hand if you don’t have bourne shell or bourne again shell (I use Git Bash).  You at least have to run the last line in build.sh to get the RunSaxon program.  That means getting Maven to build the Java programs and Perl to do substitutions (enhancements are welcome).
c. then run node app.js
d. go to http://localhost:3000/src/main/html/x3domproto.html to see the one ExternProto that works so far 😊 (compare the similar pages).
e. You may have to use JSON.

If someone can figure out how to make ExternProtoDeclare handled by the client, that would be great.

Back to work on the DOM -> JSON serializer to get rid of dependency on RunSaxon.java.  Yay!

My X3DOM source code link is below.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10