[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] Cobweb_dom...Script Magic? Loading DOM subscenes after parent in X3DOM and Cobweb. ALMOST complete, requires sequencing of outer functions.

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 10:37:21 PDT 2017

> X3DOM does not have Proto/ExternProto feature.

big weakness thatwe may be able to fix.

>It does not have X3D Script node.

BIg weakness we should be able to fix

> The integration with HTML is too close to allow an X3D
Script node.

at this point who is holding that opinion beside you

> HTML JavaScript (via DOM and X3D node manipulation) is
available and used extensively

Yes, and we must acknowledge that compared to x3d the dom scripting is
complicated and not certain as for timing. These are weakness we
should fix.

By your reasoning, it seems we must deal with no protos, no x3d
scripts, and limited to weak CSS with only simple CSS animations or
DOM scripts. Why insist on containing x3d in such a small box.

Joe