[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] port this example to X3DOM?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:22:20 PDT 2017

John,

I could make pretty quick progress to port this to x3d script over to dom
scripting style:

https://warm-nape.glitch.me/

You can 'remix' the code here:

https://glitch.com/edit/#!/warm-nape

[I like glitch.com, and it has a built in server side]

The structure is pretty close to the original but probably will need to be
more generalized for easy reuse. It is a starting point anyways.

There is an initial reset of the green ball translation when it is dragged
first. Not sure where this is coming from but may only need minor fixing.

For routing, the main idea here is to use the x3dom onoutputchange event as
trigger. Other ideas are certainly possible or perhaps necessary for
generalization.

This uses get/setFieldValue rather than getAttribute because it is more
convenient and closer to SAI as it deals with field objects rather than
strings.

x3dom does not have methods for SFRotations since all rotations get
immediately translated to quaternions. But this is a detail at this point.

I think I like the idea of returning an object populated by output fields
from a main script function.

Take a look and feel free to mangle and reorganize,

Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.