[x3d-public] Notes & Slides from Meeting at W3C TPAC

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Sun Nov 12 17:22:50 PST 2017

For the benefit of the X3D community who are not already a member of the
W3C's Declarative WebVR Community Group. You can join the CG at
https://www.w3.org/community/webvr/.

During last week's W3C TPAC meeting in Burlingame, the Declarative WebVR
met. The meeting was attended by 19 people (listed below). This was the
first face-to-face meeting of the group and a necessary step to continue
our work. This email contains (either as attachments or links) the
presentations from the meeting. Please feel free to contact me if you
have any questions on anything related to WebVR or the W3C.

One important item I took away from the meeting was the interest in
displays that are not just "Virtual Reality", but include the other
modes of "Reality". I am not going to propose expanding our goal to
"Mixed Reality", but we need to make sure that whatever comes from this
does not prohibit the other modes.

Here are the links or attached slides from the meeting last week.

List of attendees:

    Don Brutzman; Web3D Consortium
    Newton Calegari; NIC.br
    Jinho Choi; Remote Master
    Leonard Daly; Daly Realism, Co-Chair
    Qitao Gan; Telenor
    Sam Goto; Google
    Barbara Hochgesang; Intel
    Shim Hyukhoon; AKN Inc.
    Younji Jang; Letsee
    Brandon Jones; Google
    Stephen Konig; Google
    Alexis Menard; Intel
    Rachel Nabors; Microsoft
    Makoto Odamaki; Ricoh
    Joe Pea; Self
    Shoichiro Sekiguchi; NHK
    Nell Waliczek; Microsoft
    Byounghyun Yoo; KIST

Declarative VR Community Group (main presentation):
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iansXbvqWCN8Tw6AuKXCMQBln0LuNFDGUt0q0sJYUWE/edit?usp=sharing

The Case for Declarative VR (Shannon Norrell): [attached]

WebVR (Nell Waliczek and Brandon Jones): [attached]

X3D (Don Brutzman):
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-decwebvr/2017Nov/0001.html
[previously sent to public mailing list]

XSeen (Leonard Daly): http://realism.com/xseen-tpac2017

Thank you to everyone who contributed either as a presenter,
participant, or providing support.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant