[x3d-public] x3dom and mavo, first try

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:35:48 PST 2017

Since mavo was mentioned on this list and seemed like a fun, declarative
fit for x3dom, I gave it a quick first try:

https://x3dom-mavo-hello.glitch.me/

I was pleasantly surprised that x3dom and mavo seem to work together pretty
well, at least allowing scene access without scripts via mavo expressions.
Time to try something more involved, like perhaps some linked expressions
or something more useful like a material editor with some light control. Or
perhaps animations via $now. I may also try out x_ite_dom with mavo.

Of note is that is was necessary in the example to explicitly set the x3dom
appearance sort type for the red box to transparent. The reason is probably
that at first parse, the material does not yet have a non-zero transparency
due to mavo evaluating the expression only at some point later.

Andreas
--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453