[x3d-public] Declarative WebVR Meeting at W3C Technical Plenary & Advisory Committee

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Fri Oct 6 07:33:42 PDT 2017

The goal of Declarative WebVR is to supplement the upcoming HTML
specification with declarative tags, CSS and Javascript that will let
"regular" web developers create VR content using semantics of web
development with which they are already familiar.  As you know, the HTML
specification falls under the auspices of the World Wide Web Consortium
(aka W3C).

We have put together a Declarative WebVR Community Group
(https://www.w3.org/community/decwebvr/) and are holding a special
session at the upcoming W3C's Nov 2017 Technical Plenary / Advisory
Committee Meeting (TPAC) meeting (https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/)

The meeting is Monday, 6 November at 1:30pm during the TPAC at the San
Francisco Airport Hyatt Regency Hotel. Stick around at least for Monday
evening for the W3C Developer Meetup
(https://www.w3.org/2017/11/Meetup/) at no additional cost.

Would love it if folks from our community stopped by and contributed! If
you have a framework/library/idea and would like to discuss it during
the meeting, please let me know so it can get on the agenda. If you want
to attend, please join the community group
(https://www.w3.org/community/decwebvr/) and send a message to the list
indicating your interest. At this time, the assigned room holds 20 people.

Register online at https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2017/.
Early-bird discount ends 6 Oct. Use the main TPAC link for all
information related to other activities during the week and hotel links.
You need to join the DeclWebVR to attend.

Agenda:

  * Welcome & Introductions
  * Declarative WebVR Community Group Goals
  * Target Technical Capabilities & Requirements
  * Existing and Proposed candidates, including:
      o A-Frame
      o X3D
      o XSeen
  * Discussion of merits Development of new target candidate

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant