[x3d-public] W3C Developer Meetup in San Francisco - 6 November 2017 Monday

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Oct 23 08:31:04 PDT 2017

*As part of TPAC <https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/> week, W3C is pleased to
launch the first ever W3C Developer meetup in San Francisco! *

We invite the public and W3C members to gather for an evening of presentations,
discussions and networking with the W3C community.*
*

The meetup will cover topics matching closely the current needs and interests of
developers. Presentations will include demonstrations and show the current
browsers' implementations on: Progressive Web Apps, Virtual Reality, Web
Payments, Security, and more. These are opportunities for developers to learn
from and meet with the top notch engineers building the Web!

Participation in the meetup is *open to anyone at no cost*, but space is limited
to approximately 300 people. Web designers and application developers in
particular are encouraged to participate. Please register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/w3c-developer-meetup-in-san-francisco-tickets-37268895269>
(see below)!

      Registration

Registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/w3c-developer-meetup-in-san-francisco-tickets-37268895269>
is open until Sunday, 5 November 2017; we will close registration sooner if we
reach capacity or re-open registration if we have more availability.

current

      Agenda

18:00 - 19:00: Demonstrations

  * Secure Web Checkout
  * Web Virtual Reality
  * Web Audio

19:00 - 20:45: Meetup

  * Welcome (by Marie-Claire Forgue and Dominique Hazaël-Massieux)
  * *You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!*, by Léonie Watson
    @LeonieWatson <https://twitter.com/LeonieWatson> (The Paciello Group)
  * *Making payments simpler on the modern Web*, by Molly Dalton @mollyadalton
    <https://twitter.com/mollyadalton> (Microsoft)
  * *WebVR*, by Damon Hernandez @MetaverseOne <https://twitter.com/MetaverseOne>
    (Samsung)
  * *HTML re-imagined for the era of Web apps*, by Lea Verou @LeaVerou
    <https://twitter.com/LeaVerou> (MIT CSAIL)
  * *How CSS Grid changes everything*, by Jen Simmons @jensimmons
    <https://twitter.com/jensimmons> (Mozilla)
  * *Web components: the long game*, by Alex Russel @slightlylate
    <https://twitter.com/slightlylate> (Google)
  * *Web Assembly, complementing JavaScript on the web*, by Kenneth Christiansen
    @kennethrohde <https://twitter.com/kennethrohde> (Intel)
  * Closing

20:45 - 22:00: Social time and sponsors' showcase

      Venue

*The W3C Developer meetup will be held **in the Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Airport**. *The meetup venue is fully accessible. Wifi access will be available.

Picture of the Sapporo Convention Center
*Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport*
<https://sanfranciscoairport.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html>
1333 Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010