[x3d-public] which do you like best? How can I make thecomparison more equal?

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Tue Oct 24 05:32:03 PDT 2017

I see the example page http://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/flowers.xhtml works on Windows 10 in:
Edge 38.14393
Firefox 56.0.1
Chrome 62.0

The X3D scenes use ComposedShader node:
<ComposedShader language="GLSL">...

for those of us not up to speed on shaders, including myself, could you review whether you would expect this to work on MacOS, either with the new Metal graphics or in older OpenGL Mac systems?  My understanding is that Metal is a replacement for OpenGL implementation on MacOS and iOS; but I cannont find clear information on whether Metal is or is even intended to be fully backward compatible with OpenGL.

Thanks
Vince Marchetti