[x3d-public] Mantis issue 976: Implicit fields in ClassicVRMLencoding

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 08:17:48 PDT 2017

>I hope you don't mean that the classical encoding is abandoned.

Not at all, it just seems like we’re moving in the direction where the scenegraph is manipulatable in JavaScript, with DOM or pure JS (proxies).
Yes, it does go against the declarative grain.  If X3D had a random number interpolator or sensor, I’d have a lot less use for scripts.  I do a lot of by hand coding too, but I have used PlayCanvas and Blender in the context of models.