[x3d-public] [consortium] ISO Publicly Available Standards include H-Anim, X3D

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 1 11:35:01 PDT 2017

Or, reporting more directly:

The link

>>Am happy to confirm that ISO website indeed includes H-Anim, X3D

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c033912_ISO_IEC_19774_2006.zip

from

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html

link named

ISO/IEC 19774:2006

actually delivers

ISO/IEC 14772-2:2004

which is a great one but not mentioned elsewhere in this great index. SO for example:

file:///....zip/c033912_ISO_IEC_19774_2006/C030893E_FILES/MAIN_C030893E/part2/concepts.html

So, some 1477x text is not quite lost to ISO/IEC history (where is 14772-1) but hopefully around web3d in some form available as a view of an evolutionary step from VRML97 to the X3D SAI. Under the script covers we might notice that that streak of VRML97 and X3D share under-the-covers multi-contextual solutions to currently creative but burdensome workarounds for addressed problems in the HTML kiss DOM (not necessarily same as the XHTML DOM or the XML DOM).

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe