[x3d-public] BooleanFilter inputFalse output value true or false ?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 20:18:57 PDT 2017

Looking at BooleanFilter (
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/utils.html#BooleanFilter)
I could not decide what the boolean output values for the inputTrue and
inputFalse events were.

The spec. just has:

'BooleanFilter node generates two events: either inputTrue or inputFalse,
based on the Boolean value received; ...'

Especially, the value for inputFalse is difficult to determine. I actually
was leaning towards the value true for inputFalse when the received value
is false since it is then true that the input value was false.

However, the tooltips here

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#BooleanFilter

claim that the inputFalse value should be false instead, passing on the
value of the input.

Is that really what other x3d browsers do ?

Checking cobweb it appears that it rather uses inputFalse=true here:

https://github.com/create3000/cobweb/blob/master/src/cobweb/Components/EventUtilities/BooleanFilter.js#L110

It looks like clarification is needed,

-Andreas

--