[x3d-public] *** COBWEB IS NOW X_ITE ***

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 11:03:32 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:00:36 -0700
>> From: Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu>
>> To: Holger Seelig <holger.seelig at yahoo.de>, X3D Graphics public
>> Cc: Web3D Communications Team <communications at web3d.org>, Web3D
>>         Consortium Board of Directors <bod at web3d.org>, Web3D Consortium
>>         Members <consortium at web3d.org>
>> Subject: Re: [x3d-public] *** COBWEB IS NOW X_ITE ***
>>
>> "Have you seen this?"  Announced on twitter, showing the X_ITE home page:
>>
>>         https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium/status/911257375796903936
>>
>>         http://create3000.de/x_ite
>>
>> Next week we will be following up with additional tweets showing support
>> by X3D Examples Archives and other software tools.  Contributions welcome.
>>

> I updated my simple x3d editor/viewer to use the latest tagged x-ite here:
>
> http://andreasplesch.github.io/Library/Viewer/
>
> Very basic but it works and useful to me to test simple x3d scenes against
> x-ite (should it be x-cite?).
>
> cobweb_dom unfortunately stopped working with x-ite throwing a script
> error in XMLParser; perhaps due to how npm require works or changes in
> XMLParser.

It was just the directory name change from cobweb to x_ite under which
XMLParser lives now. I prepared a quick x_ite_dom.js here:

https://github.com/andreasplesch/cobweb_dom/blob/master/cobweb/x_ite_dom.js

which can be used as a replacement as in this example:

https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/cobweb_dom/x_ite/tests/addAndRemoveNode.xhtml

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch