[x3d-public] cobweb_dom is now x_ite_dom [was: *** COBWEB IS NOW X_ITE ***]

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 13:46:30 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> From: Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu>
>>> To: Holger Seelig <holger.seelig at yahoo.de>, X3D Graphics public
>>> Cc: Web3D Communications Team <communications at web3d.org>, Web3D
>>>         Consortium Board of Directors <bod at web3d.org>, Web3D Consortium
>>>         Members <consortium at web3d.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [x3d-public] *** COBWEB IS NOW X_ITE ***

>>> Next week we will be following up with additional tweets showing support
>>> by X3D Examples Archives and other software tools.  Contributions welcome.
>>>

>> I updated my simple x3d editor/viewer to use the latest tagged x-ite here:
>>
>> http://andreasplesch.github.io/Library/Viewer/

>> cobweb_dom unfortunately stopped working with x-ite throwing a script
>> error in XMLParser; perhaps due to how npm require works or changes in
>> XMLParser.
>>

> It was just the directory name change from cobweb to x_ite under which
> XMLParser lives now. I prepared a quick x_ite_dom.js here:

I renamed the repo and the file from cobweb_dom to x_ite_dom. The code and
updated tests are now available here:

https://github.com/andreasplesch/x_ite_dom

This means that pages using rawgit to load the code need to update their
urls even if they continue to use cobweb rather than x_ite.

https://github.com/andreasplesch/cobweb_dom is now only a pointer to
x_ite_dom.

All tests continue to work fine.

-Andreas