[x3d-public] Generating different X3D files given similar inputs

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Sep 27 09:44:42 PDT 2017

On 9/26/2017 5:38 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Will it ever be possible to generate wildly different X3D files from slightly perturbated inputs?

There are many ways to programmatically create different scenes.  X3DJSONLD and X3DJSAIL for example... 8)

You can also include a Script inside an X3D scene that provides variations.

Example: CreateVrmlFromStringRandomBoxes.x3d lets you click on text "Ten random boxes created at runtime" to see new updates each time.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/course/CreateVrmlFromStringRandomBoxesIndex.html

So yes there are many powerful techniques available to authors.

> Is there a chaotic attractor for X3D?  I am thinking procedurally generated graphics already does this, but I am not sure.

Nodes in ParticleSet component have a lot of capability and variability.  We could use examples for the open-source archives, if someone wants to work on them.

	http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/particle_systems.html

40.4 Node reference

     40.4.1 BoundedPhysicsModel
     40.4.2 ConeEmitter