[x3d-public] X3D JSON Schema Updates

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:08:39 PDT 2018

Also,

	"maximum": …,
	"exclusiveMaximum": true,
	"exclusiveMaximum": …,

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Don Brutzman
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 10:41 PM
To: John Carlson; x3d-public at web3d.org; X3D Graphics member mailing list; npolys at vt.edu
Subject: X3D JSON Schema Updates

1. *Updates*.

Thanks for the updates and for your patience with my being able to catch up.  Here we go:

Summary of x3d-3.3-JSONSchema.draft-06.json schema changes: quite simple, only multiple occurrences of

	"minimum": 0,
	"exclusiveMinimum": true,
	"exclusiveMinimum": 0,

and

	"format": "uri-reference"
	"format": "reference"

All of your changes applied to x3d-3.3-JSONSchema.json and checked in.

2. *Testing*.

I spot-checked your revised schema against HelloWorld.json using

	https://www.jsonschemavalidator.net

which reported "No errors found. JSON validates against the schema"  8)

Unit testing results for entire X3D Examples Archive followed...  but with occasional failures, due to lack of support for draft-06.
https://github.com/fge/json-schema-validator v2.2.6

Looks like there is not an up-to-date Java library I can use, the only Java code that has been upgraded to draft-06/07 does not have a .jar for ant (or command line) invocation.  8(
https://github.com/everit-org/json-schema

An example of a file which fails that validator is attached,CleatClamp.json

However online inspection shows it is OK using a pair of validators:

	https://jsonlint.com

	https://www.jsonschemavalidator.net

So I'll run the unit testing and updates, but we'll likely will have to wait before getting full compatibility with offline unit testing again.

3. *Next Steps.*

If you agree, x3d-3.3-JSONSchema.draft-06.json can be deleted from version control since it is no longer necessary.  Appreciate your "keeping it safe" there in subversion.

Just prior to this task, I have separately added some minimum-allowed values to X3D XML Schema constraints on various SFTime duration fields.  They are all tested in X3DJSAIL satisfactorily. Hoping you can inspect them.  If agreed, please apply them to the JSON schema.

	https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/26640/#diff-4

On 4/11/2018 7:38 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> I have checked draft-06 into sourceforge (sorry Don), keeping the old version.
>
> X3d-code/www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.3-JSONSchema.draft-06.json
>
> Do what you will!
>
> John
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Still unable to attach files to Mantis.  Issue reported to webmaster separately.

> to this mantis:
>
> http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1227

I have updated that specification-draft editor issue and assigned it to me.  Will test further before updating draft X3D JSON specification in github.

(As noted earlier, it is better to submit spec changes via the spec comment form, since some muttered incantations are involved).

Wondering, should we immediately try for draft-07?  Or do you think that the differences are minuscule because they've only just started that version?

Better and better, again thanks John.