[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL, X3dToJava.xslt and DOM X3DLoaderObject testing

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Apr 25 10:55:21 PDT 2018

On 4/24/2018 11:53 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> You’ve either disabled the DOM Loader, or disabled validation on input X3D files.

Actually full testing of DOM loader, in concert with validation, is the subject of my recent posts.

Are you using the latest X3DJSAIL distribution?  Perhaps you have a custom properties setting or codebase change that is overriding something somehow?

Let's get you realigned please, details follow.

>  I will try to come up with my own Java or JavaScript to validate the DOM Loaded files.

Hoping we can get on the same sheet of music first, saving some time.  Then let's extend the test framework further to add anything else you want.

X3DJSAIL X3DLoaderObject does the DOM loading, and is further launchable via CommandLine class.  A number of omissions have been fixed in the past week, the gap is closing.

Excerpted outputs follow.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.xml

<target name="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests.all"
	 description="test DOM-based scene loading by X3DJSAIL.X3DLoader">
    <echo message="test DOM-based scene loading by X3DJSAIL.X3DLoader for all of the example archives"/>
    <echo message="..X3dForAdvancedModeling,X3dForWebAuthors,Vrml2Sourcebook,ConformanceNist,Basic,Savage,SavageDefense"/>
    <echo message="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests in all example archives"/>
    <ant dir="X3dForAdvancedModeling" target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="X3dForWebAuthors"       target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="Vrml2Sourcebook"        target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="ConformanceNist"        target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="Basic"                  target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="Savage"                 target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <ant dir="SavageDefense"          target="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests" inheritAll="false"/>
    <echo message="processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests.all complete"/>
</target>

ant -f E:\\x3d-code\\www.web3d.org\\x3d\\content\\examples processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests.all
processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests.all:
test DOM-based scene loading by X3DJSAIL.X3DLoader for all of the example archives
..X3dForAdvancedModeling,X3dForWebAuthors,Vrml2Sourcebook,ConformanceNist,Basic,Savage,SavageDefense
processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests in all example archives

X3D examples: X3dForAdvancedModeling.processScenes.X3DJSAIL.DomLoaderTests:
test DOM-based scene loading by X3DJSAIL.X3DLoader
Verifying Apache Ant XML Catalog resolver classpath: C:\apache-ant-1.10.1\lib/resolver.jar (84091 bytes)
org.web3d.x3d.jsail.CommandLine E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling/AdditiveManufacturing//CaffeinePubChem2519SticksColor.x3d -validate
parameter: source file CaffeinePubChem2519SticksColor.x3d filesize 22932 bytes
parameter: "-validate" for model validation
validate results: success, no problems noted
===================================
org.web3d.x3d.jsail.CommandLine E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling/AdditiveManufacturing//CleatClamp.x3d -validate
parameter: source file CleatClamp.x3d filesize 172126 bytes
parameter: "-validate" for model validation
[X3DLoaderObject] <meta name='warning' content='Do not use for climbing or yachting.'/>
validate results: success, no problems noted
===================================
org.web3d.x3d.jsail.CommandLine E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling/AdditiveManufacturing//MetadataRootNodeTest.x3d -validate
parameter: source file MetadataRootNodeTest.x3d filesize 3427 bytes
parameter: "-validate" for model validation
validate results: success, no problems noted
===================================
org.web3d.x3d.jsail.CommandLine E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling/AdditiveManufacturing//Rocktopus.x3d -validate
parameter: source file Rocktopus.x3d filesize 2224841 bytes
parameter: "-validate" for model validation
validate results: success, no problems noted
[...]

I periodically upload the following, will refresh and update.  The first is the specific focus of current testing, excerpted above.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.log.DomLoader.txt
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.log.java.txt
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.log.json.txt

and X3DJSAIL "smoke tests" that are checked and updated with each release:

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html#Examples

console output:
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/examples/HelloWorldProgramOutputLog.txt

> Will look for an update.
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html#Downloads

Test programs, results and autogeneration build scripts are available in Sourceforge version control.
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/java/