[x3d-public] FW: vrml to x3d field name changes
yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:01:11 PDT 2018
Don, are these alternatives in the X3D Unified Object Model? Is this a difference between versions?
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
From: Michalis Kamburelis
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:09 PM
To: Andreas Plesch
Cc: X3D Graphics public mailing list
Subject: Re: [x3d-public] vrml to x3d field name changes
2018-04-26 16:48 GMT+02:00 Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com>:
> So my question is if there may be other nodes with fields which were
> affected by renaming from vrml to x3d in such a way ?
We have a mechanism "AddAlternativeName" for such cases in Castle Game
Engine (when a field/event name changed, but the type and usage are
100% the same).
Grepping the code, it was used for these fields/events:
- Collision.collide as an alternative name (in VRML 2) for X3D
Collision.enabled. In VRML 2.0, Collision node didn't descent from
X3DSensorName and had special field "collide". In X3D, "enabled" is
used for the exact same purpose.
- LOD.level as an alternative name (in VRML 2) for X3D LOD.children
- LOD.levelIndex_changed as an alternative name (in VRML 2) for X3D
- HAnimHumanoid.humanoidBody as an alternative name (in HAnim 1.1) for
HAnim 2 skeleton
- Switch.choice as an alternative name (in VRML 2) for X3D Switch.children
- Polyline2D.point as an alternative name (in VRML 2) for X3D lineSegments
x3d-public mailing list
x3d-public at web3d.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the x3d-public