[x3d-public] X3D regular expression (regex) improvements

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Fri Aug 17 13:36:19 PDT 2018

Just a single note and a question.

[most of message stripped away...]

> It is great when we find those patterns, am trying to keep things
> maintainable.  The color-coding on web page definitely helps.
>
> Negative lookahead is good for avoiding illegal values, but not
> allowed in XML Schema (probably to avoid computational denial of
> service attacks_.  Have listed a pattern nevertheless, other
> languages/tools might want to use it.
>
> ==================
> Disallowed values:
>
> * Negative lookahead filters can disqualify attributes that contain
> illegal values.
> * W3C Recommendation for XML Schema (XSD) unfortunately does not
> support this construct.
> * (?!((0|0.0*|.0+)\s+){3}) prohibits 0 0 0 since zero vector is
> illegal as initial axis triplet of an SFRotation.

As I read the above

If not
   (0 or 0.0* or .0+
    repeated white-space character
   ) three times

You should escape the "dot"s; otherwise, it accepts any character (the
dots are meta-character when not in a character class)

This would be:

See https://regex101.com/ to test and explain the regex.

Is there any consideration for internationalization of number display.
Most of Europe uses "," (comma) as the radix character (decimal
separator). [See
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19455-01/806-0169/overview-9/index.html]

--
*Leonard Daly*