[x3d-public] python 3.7.1, pyjnius now running; TODO list for X3D Python work

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Dec 13 08:35:46 PST 2018

OK thanks John.  I will return to this in a few days.  Looking forward to continuing our 1-2 weekly sessions on this important endeavor.

TODO:
- look at your Pyjnius mappings and understand how you have accomplished this coding bridge.
- begin documentation on X3D Python Language Binding.
- experiment with Python syntax for X3D, allowing variation tests.
- bring back suggested changes and improvements to Pyjnius, as appropriate.
- self-validation when running Python programs.
- consider additional converter implementations for repeatability, e.g. X3dToPython.xslt perhaps.
- Python serializer that allows a .py program to save itself out as .x3d or other format.
- X3DJSONLD and X3DSAIL integration of capabilities.
- integration into X3D Examples Archive build processes and publication.
- plan definition of ISO/IEC 19776-1 X3D Python Language Bindings
   http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSpecificationRelationships.png
- Specification draft established in Github (Web3D member only)
   https://github.com/Web3DConsortium/X3D/tree/master/ISO-IEC%2019777
- Review Web3D Consortium processes for full compliance, establish timeline for approval execution.
- X3D Working Group seek Board of Directors approval for ISO New Work Item Proposal (NWIP).
- Continue implement, evaluate, improvement until specification, tools and examples 100% complete.

What else? Anything missed or improvable?

As ever, most of this work will be on x3d-public for best comment and adoption, with critical infrastructure and procedural support by Web3D Consortium and X3D Graphics Working Group.

For those interested in X3D Python: Web3D Consortium membership has value!  Companies, universities, agencies and individuals are welcome to join this open non-profit effort.

	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

Onward we go.  2019 will be a very productive year.