[x3d-public] X3D Working Group Minutes, 14 DEC 2018: annual report preparation, project wish list

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Dec 21 06:19:08 PST 2018

[Apologies for delay, sending final form of last week's minutes was apparently overlooked.  We will continue on these topics during this morning's weekly teleconference.]

0. Attendees Anita Havele, Vince Marchetti, Nicholas Polys, Dick Puk and Don Brutzman.

1. X3D Working Group Topics for inclusion in annual report.

a. X3D v4.0
- glTF focus on geometry January-February
- Printing and Scanning
- HAnim specification update
- More to follow, candidate capabilities

Our emphasis is on producing specification prose and multiple implementations: X3DOM, X_ITE, Castle Game Engine and (likely) others.

b. X3D v4.1 in experimentation and exploration MAR

c. Streamlined specification process, encodings and language bindings, relations diagram,
- expect formalization of JSON
- expect implementation and formalization of Python
- C, C++, C# new work item proposal sent by Web3D to ISO and is under ballot

d. Much activity is occurring that gets coordinated

e. X3D Semantic Web Working Group summary.

f. Support for tools adoption of X3D and achieving correct conformance.

g. Liaisons:
   W3C,
   ISO SC24,
   JTC-1 Working Group 9? on MAR Reference mode

i. Korea Chapter activity holds fundamental importance.

2. Project Wish List review refresh and announce.  Request everyone look over

http://www.web3d.org/projects/wish-list

3. Browser support spreadsheet.  Request updates for browsers and tool support:

	X3D Node Inventory Comparison
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.xlsx
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf

4. HAnim schedule perturbation.  Surprising mismatch this week on deadlines for Draft International Specification (DIS), is it December 2018 or 16 February 2019?

Joe Williams, William Glascoe and Don Brutzman have accelerated their pace to finish Site naming review, verification and alignment with IEEE 7250.

Vince Marchetti will examine our specification timelines and see how we can best include relevant ISO deadlines.

Dick will work with MWL to resolve schedule.

5. Who wants to create the Web3D Holiday Season's Greetings X3D model?  :0