[x3d-public] How to edit wiki, X3D JSON encoding, offer of services

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:05:27 PST 2018

I’d like to add to this wiki page:  http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_JSON_Encoding

1.  There is a cobweb and X_ITE for converting JSON -> DOM and rendering
2. There is X3DOM for converting JSON -> DOM and rendering
3. There is Java for converting JSON -> DOM
4. There is Roy’s implementation.
5. There is a Three.js implementation of X3D JSON.  In unknown status.  XSeen probably supercedes this.

If this is not enough for standardization, what else is required?  Do we need to go over the standard some more times?  Do I need to set up a working group for it?  How do I reserve the conference line?  How do we define “best practice”?

We have a Draft 04 JSON schema (not perfect) and a nearly complete Draft 06 JSON schema.  Do we need to be able to validate JSON files?

I am offering my services for $0 for an open source port (bug fixes and support at $90/hour, your developer time required for build help, interfacing), $1000 for a same language port, and $2000 for a different language port for my base X3DJSONLD.java code to other code bases. My intent is to make this a defacto standard, if not an actual ISO standard by defining an algorithm for conversion to DOM.  Propose a language or a browser, make an agreement of understanding, and we will proceed.

I also offer my services at $90/hour for various testing of X3D JSON files, X3D JSON conversions (using X3dToJson.xslt, X3DJSONLD, and X3DJSAIL), and image comparison with standard images, X3D testing automated frameworks, etc.

I am a very communicative programmer through email, as you have seen.

Thanks,