[x3d-public] Proposed new Profile

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Feb 12 10:06:51 PST 2018

It may make some sense to combine several X3D profiles; however, the
three profiles mentioned (Interchange, CAD Interchange, and Model) do
not have just a few nodes of differences.

*Interchange* - Base X3D profile for X3D-modeled scenes. Includes
several nodes related to scene definition/management.
*CAD Interchange* - Focus on CAD data structures. Includes NURBS (no
other existing profile does), but does not include triangles. Includes
some scene definition/management.
*Model* - Reusable static models with full support for surfaces
(triangles, quads, NURBS) and volumes. No scene definition/management or
animation.

Leonard Daly

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant