[x3d-public] ideal points in IndexedFaceSet

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Mon Feb 19 17:44:09 PST 2018

Andreas,

Yes, it seems similar, I'll read more about infinite perspective projection. So my intention was to allow use of the infinite points (both all vertices of a face or only some), and if the far clipping is needed for particular implementation (or for export to other representations) - do it then (automatically), don't require the model to have that far distance specified explicitly. When getting Z from the multi-view image set (as we need), the input is disparity ~1/z, so in disparity space image it is 0, not infinity.

Andrey

---- On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:21:13 -0800 Andreas Plesch<andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote ----

Another option to consider is the infinite perspective projection:

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF/tree/master/specification/2.0#infinite-perspective-projection

AFAIK it favors precision at large distances at the expense of precision at zNear distances. Here is a discussion:

https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/issues/11755

Infinite perspective could become a boolean field for Viewpoint: infinite='true'

-Andreas