[x3d-public] patch for www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/java/build.xml X3DJSAIL examples, CommandLine and ConfigurationProperties

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:50:40 PST 2018

On Jan 3, 2018 1:47 PM, "John Carlson" <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

On Jan 3, 2018 1:29 PM, "Don Brutzman" <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

On 1/2/2018 9:57 AM, John Carlson wrote:

> Patch for java/build.xml attached. Added fork property. You may want to
> change the classpath to go along with what you want.

Of interest... please advise why you've needed it.  That feature is in a
number of our build files but it isn't always clear why it's needed.

Because the classpath was not right.   Missing X3DJSAIL for some reason.

I added “Output” to many products.

OK - please describe what you are doing and motivation, to aid in
understanding.

The files with OutputOutput are outputs from HelloWorldProgramOutput.java

We are quite close to fixing test.nashorn. Just need to fix a few more
> Immels,

hopefully this morning's update helped with Immel quote escaping...

and a stylesheet engine property for HelloWorldProgramOutput.java.

sorry but still not clear what you need...  CommandLine invocation includes
such support already.  All of the java source (such as
HelloWorldProgramOutput.java) already has methods available to change it
already too.

I went ahead and changed X3DJSAIL source code.
 HelloWorldProgramOutput.java is autogenerated and thus is not a candidate
for modification.   I added it before toFileJSON and toStringJSON in
handleArguments().

"It" is the stylesheet engine.

        X3DJSAIL CommandLine (has had some updates in past week)
        http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3dJavaSceneAuthori
ngInterface.html#CommandLine

Yes.   Not available in HelloWorldProgramOutput.java yet.

        X3DJSAIL Utility Methods and Functionality: ConfigurationProperties
        http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3dJavaSceneAuthori
ngInterface.html#UtilityMethods

???

==============================
HelloWorldProgram.java excerpt

        private void showSceneResults()
        {
                ConfigurationProperties.setPropertiesFileName(ConfigurationP
roperties.PROPERTIES_FILENAME_DEFAULT);
                System.out.println
("ConfigurationProperties.getPropertiesFileName()="
+ ConfigurationProperties.getPropertiesFileName());
                ConfigurationProperties.loadProperties();
                ConfigurationProperties.setShowDefaultAttributes(true); //
tested satisfactorily
                ConfigurationProperties.setIndentCharacter(ConfigurationProp
erties.indentCharacter_DEFAULT);
                ConfigurationProperties.setIndentIncrement(ConfigurationProp
erties.indentIncrement_DEFAULT);
                // Restore default settings for spacing, increments and
showing default attribute=value pairs
                ConfigurationProperties.setX3dCanonicalForm();
                ConfigurationProperties.initialize(); // restore all
defaults

Not relevant to HelloWorldProgramOutput.java unless you can capture the
configuration and place in the  output source file.

test.nashorn is working well.   I'm a bit anxious to get your changes.