[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL/X3DJSONLD. Next steps. JSON as a source encoding.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:03:23 PST 2018

Don, I'd like to start adding JSON as a source file encoding to produce XML
and Python as well as JavaScript in X3DJSAIL.   I know this is a big step
for you, but it's a small step for me.   I believe I will need a -fromJSON
command line argument and a -toPython argument added to Command line.  We
will need someway to serialize JSON to XML through a Java port of
X3DJSONLD,  to get to XML from JSON.   Unless you want to use X3DJSONLD's
DOMserializer in JavaScript.   But then we would have dual -toX3d
arguments, and your XML is prettier than mine.

So perhaps a port of X3DJSONLD to Java is indicated.   Would this be easier
to spread across the classes, or would we use DOM code and import the DOM
into the concrete classes?   The latter may be simpler, as that's how
X3DJSONLD is currently structured.   I'm thinking we should have DOM
feeding the concrete classes for many things.