[x3d-public] Castle Game Engine 6.4 release, view3dscene 3.18.0 release

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:13:05 PST 2018

Hi,

We're proud to announce a new release of Castle Game Engine, an
open-source cross-platform (desktop, mobile) 3D and 2D game engine
using X3D as it's base. The new release is a culmination of 6 months
of hard work :) The main new features are

- Rigid-body physics (
https://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/manual_physics.php ). This is
*not* yet integrated with X3D Rigid-body component nodes, but it will
be a next step.

- iOS services (
https://github.com/castle-engine/castle-engine/wiki/iOS-Services ) to
allow games to access iOS features like Apple Game Center, in-app
purchases, Google Analytics and such.

- Improved terrain generation and demo of destructible objects, see
the game (and movie) on https://www.patreon.com/posts/15811244 . It's
all X3D inside --- the terrain, the trees, the destructible objects.

- ... and more things listed on
https://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/wp/2018/01/21/castle-game-engine-6-4-release-physics-ios-services-shader-pipeline-upgrade-big-api-improvements-vectors-transform-and-more/.

As usual, together with Castle Game Engine, we also release a new
version of view3dscene: 3.18.0 . View3dscene is our 3D model browser,
and a fully standalone X3D player. You can download it from
https://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/view3dscene.php .It inherits
various improvements from the engine, like support for https, KTX
textures (Khronos texture format), shader pipeline upgrade and of
course bugfixes and optimizations.

Have fun!
Michalis