[x3d-public] Nurbs patch coloring

Michail Vidiassov master at iaas.msu.ru
Sat Jan 27 04:27:55 PST 2018

Dear All,

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 4:34 AM, Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:
> If 2x2 textures would work, it.may be possible to use PixelTextures which
> could be constructed from the control point color information perhaps pretty
> directly. Actually, such a PixelTexture may be more appropriate  than a
> hypothetical controlColor MFColor field since the non control vertices would
> have to be colorized by some interpolation in a texture mapping like process
> anyways. But there may be an upper limit to the number of textures.

As far as I can guess from https://webglstats.com/webgl2 the upper
number of textures may be a problem, depending on the viewer used. Or
viewers avoid hitting the limit anyway and keep the number of textures
used simultaneously below it?
Does combining all 2x2 textures into one bitmap and using texCoord
field in NurbsPatchSurface to pick necessary bits for a given patch
look likely to work?
Googling suggest texCoord for X3D NURBS to be an obscure feature.

Michail
PS. Really I look for a way to reproduce old good gluNurbs results.