[x3d-public] HAnim skinned deformation

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:41:36 PDT 2018

Further observations
On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:36 PM Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some partial answers:
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:18 AM Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Before diving into an HAnim skinned deformation for x3dom, there are a few questions:
> >
> > proto
> >
> > Is there a proto implementation for skinned deformation, eg. the skin related fields ?
>
> Boxman has a script which does some skinned deformation:
>
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/HumanoidAnimation/BoxManIndex.html
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/HumanoidAnimation/BoxMan.js
>
> The scene uses native HAnim tags. It may or may not work in x_ite with
> HAnim protos.

Joe has a native tag BoxMan with test skin deformations.

> The script just applies the weights as factors to a transform matrix
> which may be quite different from the blending of coordinates. Of
> course, the weights can be generated in the first place in such a way
> that this application could work.
>
> > examples
> >
> > Are there examples in addition to Joes kicking player ?
>
> There are the Lucy avatars available from seamless3d:
> http://www.seamless3d.com/hanim/
> I had view3dscene convert them to xml:
> https://github.com/andreasplesch/x3dom/blob/HAnim_work/test/functional/HAnim/Lucy_test4.x3d

All players I tested which have skinned deformation implemented show
the Lucy animation with inverted rotations. The players are:
view3dscene 3.18
BSContact
freewrl 4.0
Probably there is a problem with the Lucy example and perhaps how
seamless3d exports hanim.

--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453