[x3d-public] Unexpected behaviour of X3D Validator; X3D regular expressions (regexes)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jun 2 23:37:12 PDT 2018

Am glad that the DOCTYPE checker caught this issue.  The program that performs the regex checks is

	X3dDoctypeChecker.java
	https://svn.code.sf.net/p/x3d/code/www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/X3dQualityAssurance/X3dValidator/src/java/org/web3d/x3d/tools/X3dDoctypeChecker.java

I've added the XML prolog and various DOCTYPE regexes there (plus a number of other X3D types) to

	X3D Regular Expressions (regexes)
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dRegularExpressions.html

I've also added the following warning to

	X3d Scene Authoring Hints: Validation
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dSceneAuthoringHints.html#Validation

* /Warning/: some XML-based tools are exceedingly sensitive to capitalization, whitespace, and quotation mark type used in the XML declaration as part of the document prolog. Be sure to follow the following definitions exactly.

	XML declaration
	https://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-prolog-dtd

Again thanks for reporting this error and resolution.

We'll review this progress on next week's X3D Working Group teleconference, Wednesday 08-0930 pacific.

	Web3D Teleconference Information
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information