[x3d-public] X3D teleconference 5 JUN 2018 minutes: HAnim DIS, X3D Regex, Web3D 2018 and X3Dv4

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 14:14:49 PDT 2018

➢ Nevertheless we might alternatively specify a unique, non-progressive approach:

➢ 1' Skeleton

With 1 you can do any animation, either with or without “Motion” with geometries as children of Segment(s). Everything is ‘standard’ x3d hierarchy.

➢ 2' Skeleton + skin

Adding skin makes processing more complicated, but it is just the capability to use a single geometry for surface and also individual geometries as children of Segment(s). Really nothing to do with “Motion” of part 2 unless the author also wants to use the part 2 “Motion” stuff.

➢ 3' Skeleton + motion

➢ 4' Skeleton + skin + motion

Maybe a level 3 for the Part 2 Motion additions.

➢ We reviewed different levels possible.  Current draft:

> 1. Skeleton
> 2. Skeleton + skin
> 3. Skeleton + skin + motion

I think best as Level 3 adds “Motion”.. Otherwise hear from implementers.
Since skin is harder for browser than “Motion” we might see 1 and 3 from a browser that does not want to do skin but can do “Motion”. In all cases, the animation interfaces are the joints.

➢ This deserves further scrutiny by HAnim group.

I think part 2 should be distinct added feature. An instance might be Octaga that as far as I inow has not done skin but can easily do motion.

All Best,
Joe