[x3d-public] SFImage regex

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Jun 11 11:03:13 PDT 2018

Andreas,

There is an error in the regex:

> Tangentially, repeated ranges also look not so nice but are apparently
> common: [0-9a-fA-F]
> [0-9]|[a-f|[A-F] reads better to me and that is why I preferred that.

There should be a ']' after 'f'. Personally, I prefer the first form
[0-9a-fA-f] or even [a-fA-F\d]. If the entire string is case insensitive
then use the language-specific 'i' mode or surround the entire string as
in (?i)...[a-f\d]...(?-i) or shorter (?i)...[a-f\d]...

I prefer grouping all of the ranges together so that repeated
vertical-ness is not present as it would be with ']|['. It also makes it
clearer that the range of characters is all one unit.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant