[x3d-public] HAnim Sites, motion

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:42:34 PDT 2018

Similar to the Joints and Segments lists of Humanoid, there is also a
Sites list as a field.

I strongly suspect that the content of that sites field is also not
supposed to be rendered, and only available as an (optional?)
convenience. Is that correct ? I did not find an example which uses
the sites field.

As a result, in my HAnim x3dom dev branch only the skeleton (and skin)
field content is traversed for rendering. Skin is not implemented.

Here are a few of the available examples floating around working in this branch:

https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/x3dom/HAnim_work/test/functional/HAnim/inlineloader.html

They are slightly adjusted to avoid use of ProximitySensor.

The 19774-2V2AnnexC_Jin2.x3d example is from Annex C of the v2.0 DIS -
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19774-2/V2.0/MotionDataAnimation/ExampleMocapAnimationInterpolators.html
. Is that how the animation is supposed to look like ? It seems fast.

Also, the Annex C example does not have the Humanoid segment and joint
fields populated. Does that mean that populating these fields manually
is not required ?

Thanks for any feedback,

-Andreas

--