[x3d-public] X3D Working Group teleconference, 27 JUN 2018 (corrected)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jun 27 08:57:32 PDT 2018

Hello all.  We resumed weekly X3D Working Group teleconferences this week.  Today Dick Puk and I attended, several other people continue to travel in Europe - ooo la la!

Primary topic is all of the tremendous work and cool progress in the VR Hackathon and Web3D 2018 Conference, held together in Poznan Poland last week.

	http://www.web3d.org/news-story/vr-hackathon-poznan-poland

	http://vrhackathon.web3d.org/poznan-2018-06

	https://web3d2018.web3d.org

	http://www.web3d.org/news-story/beyond-boundaries-23rd-annual-web3d-conference-poznan-poland

Our organizers at Poznan University of Economics and Business have made this among the best conferences ever - a tall task for the 23rd consecutive time!

To get things rolling, please view the presentation on "X3D Futures: What is happening, how to get involved!"  Now online at

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d4

	http://www.web3d.org/sites/default/files/page/X3D%20Version%204/X3dFuturesWeb3d2018PoznanPolandBrutzman.pdf

Next week we will set up a schedule of upcoming meeting topics, as well as preparations for annual ISO SC24 meeting and SIGGRAPH.  A lot of great work is going on!

A good routine for X3D working group to strive for will be allowing multiple activities while preparing, reviewing and publishing a new/updated draft component for X3D v4 each month.

Please check it out.  All feedback welcome.  Have fun with X3D!