[x3d-public] Using EXI and EXI'ed schema together

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:44:14 PDT 2018

I wonder if there are use cases for using EXI and EXI'ed schema together?
Would this help with transfer rates to the browser?  Has anyone written an
EXI based client server yet?  Would there be interested in X3DJSONLD
providing this?   What advantages are there to EXI over a traditional gzip
compression?  Is it merely because it's ASCII encoded?  What is the
extension for EXI files?  If I call my product 3DEXI is there trademark
infringement?

Or is there more interest in STL and PLY?   Server side validation?