[x3d-public] sourceforge down, X3DJSAIL and ConformanceNist X3D Examples Archive

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 4 08:34:10 PST 2018

Vince and John: sourceforge appears to have been down for a few weeks.  This seems to happen every few years, usually following a DDOS attack.

They claim to be back up as of last night.  I was able to do a svn update, however still not able to commit due to "path not found" error.

	https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops

> Commit
> Commit failed (details follow):
> Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>  'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/x3d/code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist'
> '/p/x3d/code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist' path not found

If it is still problematic tomorrow, I will submit a trouble report there so that we can track it together.

Meanwhile Vince, I did a bunch of page additions summarizing packages in the ConformanceNist suite, now deployed.  (Scroll down to view)

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist

If you have any additions you want to ensure have some form of backup, feel free to send.  I'll add them to my build and save/test/deploy them.

If we get into versionitis, that can be sorted out with diff/merge corrections later.

As ever, thanks for your important development efforts.